The Hispanic Serving Institute – STEM Scholars project is a partnership between CSUDH and El Camino, West L.A. and L.A. Harbor community colleges to improve students services, academic, and financial support for Hispanic and low-income STEM majors.
Purpose & Goal
Assist students to increase academic achievement in STEM, retention in college, and to decrease the time it takes a students to earn a degree. This program will focus on increasing the number of Hispanic and low-income students attaining degrees from CSUDH in the STEM field.
- Larger percentage of CSUDH’s Hispanic and low-income STEM students graduation rate.
- Larger number of Hispanic and low-income STEM students enrolled at CSUDH
- Increased first-to-second year retention of STEM students.
- Meaningful articulation and stronger transfer practices between CSUDH and our partner colleges.
- Increased used of high-impact practices in education by STEM faculty.
- Increase the number of students that pass gateway and bottleneck courses.
- Computer Science
- Computer Technology
- Earth Science
If you’re interested in participating in the STEM Scholar Program at CSU Dominguez Hills, then take the first step here. JOIN NOW!