This initiative works to assist teacher-candidates in the S.T.A.R. program. The academy holds frequent meetings to discuss and work through issues and challenges experienced as new teachers.
The meetings are safe spaces for teacher-candidates to discuss openly and honestly about their daily experiences. As well, they collaborate with veteran teachers and other new teachers on solutions to problems.
Furthermore, the academy is a continuous process of acquiring new knowledge and skills that relate to the teaching profession, understanding job responsibilities, or learning their work environment.
Teacher-candidates exchange information and helpful tips to grow in their career, while a veteran educator is present to assist in ensuring that teacher-candidates reach helpful and sustainable resolutions.
• Stay up-to-date on knowledge in the field
• Grow your community
• Reorganize and re-energize your ideas
• Find new ways to teach
• Improve/enhance teaching methods
• Share syllabi and classroom activities
• Gain a strong support system
• Learn how to deal with various issues
• Strategize for successful classroom environments
If you’re ready to join the professional development acadamy then take the first step here. APPLY NOW
NEED MORE INFORMATION? WE ARE HERE TO HELP! PLEASE SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT OR INQUIRE MORE ABOUT OUR PROGRAM.