The Teacher Support Institute (TSI) provides first-year teachers with one-on-one support for classroom management strategies, lesson planning, and culturally relevant pedagogy.
First year teachers collaborate with veteran lead teachers twice a month, to gain insight on teaching and learning, surviving their first-year of teaching and being the outstanding teacher that their students deserve.
• Receive articles, videos, lectures and literature to discuss and develop pedagogical style from veteran lead teachers.
• Learn how to include all stakeholders in developing professionally.
• Identify areas that need improvement, as well as areas of strength.
• Understand how to reflect, revise and modify teaching.
• Work towards providing safe, fair and respectful environments that meet the learning needs of each student.
• Deliver engaging lessons to students.
• Plan, design, reflect and build on pedagogical practices.
• Network and create a community of educators.
• Learn how to align resources and manage school policies and contractual agreements.
All first-year teacher credentialing candidates of CSI3 at CSUDH.
• TTT Hybrid
SPRING TSI 2016 SCHEDULE
Saturday’s from 9:00am – 12:00pm
• January 30
• February 13, 27
• March 12
• April 9, 23
• May 7
SUMMER TSI 2016 SCHEDULE
Friday’s from 9:00am – 12:00pm in SCC 1408
• June 10, 24
• July 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
• August 5
If you’re ready to join the teacher support institute, then take the first step here. APPLY NOW
NEED MORE INFORMATION? WE ARE HERE TO HELP! PLEASE SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT OR INQUIRE MORE ABOUT OUR PROGRAM.